Starting at the Virology Lab

 



    Hello! As promised, I'm here to talk about my work days in the virology lab 💗. The place where I have much respect and love. 



    - On my first day in the lab


    On the first day, I met all in the labs in the company, and I met my co-workers. I learned the basics of safety rules and routine activities in the virology lab.



    - Essential Safety Equipment 


    I received all essential safety equipment, lab coats, and boots. Beyond the materials which are always available in the lab as a mask, Protective gloves, and Safety goggles. 

These are some materials that protect us since the lab has many potentially harmful chemicals and protect too the study materials us. 





    - Starting


    On my first day, I learned laboratory glassware washing protocol, in the virology lab this protocol is very important and must be followed with caution because one dirty glassware can contaminate all cell cultures, and the work months are destroyed. 

    The washing process involves several equipments as Autoclave, Hot Air Oven. Cleaning the laboratory, and laboratory glassware washing it's the work of newbies for a long period, but NEVER get stuck just that, you always have to want to learn more. I will give you three words that helped me to grow in the lab: 

 

Ask - Do you have a doubt? ask and write it down for not to forget. (have a notebook). 


Help- always offer your help, this is how you will learn, be it moving in new equipment or the new protocol.


Courage - Don't be afraid to do it yourself, this is how you learn faster and learn to be safe.


    I stayed months Cleaning the laboratory, and laboratory glassware washing, but during these months I was following other activities and showing my supervisors that I can do more.  


That's it for today! 

I will post more about labs! 

bye-bye  💪



Comments

  1. Who became the best glassware washer in the history of the lab? :P Too bad not everyone want to learn and do the best in whatever they are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts