Improve your pronunciation




     I have managed to improve my pronunciation in English in 60 days. 

When I began studying English in late February, my pronunciation skill was bad...very bad!! My punctuation was low (2.2) and now my pronunciation skill is 5.5 ( app Elsa). 

So, how did I manage to improve this skill? Let me show you!


First tip: Listen


Listen to native speakers, "but I don't have natives friends", but you can Listen to classes, movies, series, and music. Be sure to check out all the materials about 'listening' that I posted on the blog (Listening skills)

Listening is the first step to good pronunciation. I suggest the study of phonetics. Studying phonetics will help you understand the sounds of each word (Learning sounds).


Second tip: Repeat 


Repeat all you don't know and what you know. Free apps exist which show you what words you wrong pronounced. (apps: ElsaBusuu)

Don't have afraid and shame, speak loud to you listen to yourself. 


Third tip: Record


Record your voice when learning new words, and listen when you want (washing dishes, in the shower.. or when you are boredom), but listen and repeat in a loud voice. 


Fourth tip: Practice 


When I say practice, I don't mean just repeating words. Instead, try to create phrases and engage in conversations to improve your intonation. I make presentations about a certain subject for 15 to 20 minutes, see my video ( My first presentation).


Fifth tip: Read aloud


If you read aloud, you will know what words you yet have difficulty pronouncing. Fact!


Sixth tip: Sing


 Do you enjoy singing? Take lyrics from songs you like and sing along with the singer. Pay attention to the intonation and the way words are connected. Who would have thought that you can learn English while having fun? 



With these steps, I improved my pronunciation skill and won confidence. I know still have to improve a lot more, and the secret is to practice, I hope these tips help you, just as they are helping me. And you? What are your techniques to improve your pronunciation? Share with us.



That's it for today, bye-bye!👋


















Comments

Popular Posts