MY BRIEF ENGLISH TIPS - Another Vs. Other

 

    Hello everyone! How is your beginning of the month of November? To me, November is a special month because is near Christmas and is the month of my birthday. And you know how got more special? Because my article of my dissertation was accepted in a good journal! I never thought would take just five months for it to be published, the best present birthday!

    But, changing the subject... Today we talk a bit about Another vs. other, what's the difference?


    The key distinction between these two words lies in their usage:  “Another” is frequently used with singular words, and indicates one more or an additional item. Other is a lot of used for plural and noncount nouns that are general. 



Another: 


Another + Singular 


Would you like another cup of coffee?


I have one pen, and I need another.


I don’t like this room. Let’s ask for another.


Another + number + plural


I like this city so much that I’m going to spend another three days here.


In another 20 years, my laptop is going to be obsolete.



Other:


Other + Plural 


I have invited some other people.


I can’t help you because I’m busy with other things.


He has some money, but he needs to find other funds.




Stay strong! Until Next! bye bye. 💋

Comments

Popular Posts