My first international interview- The University of Edinburgh

 


Hello everyone! how are you? 

So, you couldn't imagine my last days!!


The News


I would like to share with you about these last few days! Every day, the first thing I do is read my emails. On Saturday, 01/20/2024, I woke up, opened my email, and received a response from the supervisor of the University of Edinburgh regarding an application for a funded Ph.D project that I submitted.


They selected four people for an informal interview before choosing two candidates for an official interview with the funding board, and I was one of the chosen ones!


The supervisor wanted to get to know me better, and I responded promptly. I had two options for the interview (01/24 or 01/25), and I chose 01/25. I had five days to prepare (it's crucial to prepare for an interview).


The project 


The project involves the application of vaccines in cattle, followed by the analysis of immunological responses. The main objective is to unveil the specific mechanisms that trigger the immunological response, with a particular focus on exploring the hypothesis that the deposition effect resulting from the gradual dissolution of SDV (Solid Dose Vaccine) can have a positive impact.


Have you heard about SDV? You can find more information about it here: https://www.avaxzipen.com/the-technology/


"SDV brings the exciting potential to boost immune responses even more effectively than liquid vaccines. Additionally, it comes with the valuable advantage of significantly cutting down or entirely eliminating the necessity for cold-chain storage.


The innovative delivery system by aVaxziPen adds to the appeal. This multi-use needle-free method not only demands minimal training but is also quick and user-friendly. This not only benefits healthcare professionals but also lessens the strain on healthcare systems.


In line with our mission, we aim to revolutionize the way vaccines are delivered. By doing so, we aspire to make vaccinations accessible to everyone, ultimately minimizing the reliance on complex healthcare infrastructure." Evaxzipen


The preparation


Even if it's an informal interview, you need to prepare! You should think about the possible questions they will ask you. Before applying for the project, I read a lot about the project I chose and I read articles from the supervisor. I needed to know about my possible future supervisors; this also helps when you're going to write a statement of purpose or a motivational letter for your application.


So, what did I do to prepare myself for the interview?


  • I searched for typical questions in postgraduate interviews;
  • I read the answers I wrote in the application (statement of purpose and a motivational letter);
  • I read the latest articles of the supervisors (I did a short review);
  • I practiced my English. You can memorize some sentences, words... (since I am not fluent yet), or everything :);
  • I prepared questions.

   

Remember, you need to show that you are prepared!


The interview 


I was very nervous, but the chat was wonderful! I talked about my motivations for a Ph.D., and I posed some questions that were perfectly answered. 


Well, the interview was 30 minutes, and it was very light. I was very impressed with the principal supervisor, Jayne Hope, with all her experience and her concern for diversity and equality. When I talked with her, I saw how incredible and kind she is! I received many compliments on my CV and my journey so far, and I have the profile for the project.


I am so happy to be in the top 4 out of 30 candidates from all over the world. I expect to be selected for the next and last interview.


So, guys, don't give up your dreams; continue studying and chasing your dream because receiving this news warms the heart. <3


Cheer for me <3




                                                                                                “What makes the hero truly great

                                                                                                   is never, never to despair.”

                                                                                                                        ― Robert Burns


Ps: My interview took place on the day of Robert Burns, a renowned poet and bard, celebrated widely in Scotland. :)


👉YOU DECIDED TO STUDY ABROAD, BUT DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO START? PART I- DECIPHERING ‘WHAT AND WHY'

Comments

Popular Posts